Glenmore State School was opened in October, 1889. The original building was built on the block of land on the other side of McLaughlin Street directly opposite our current lower oval. The first principal was Mr Edward Costello. He served the school for 13 years until 1902.
The original building was moved from the original site in November, 1921 to a new site in Hinchliffe Street, about one kilometre away, where it remained in operation until 1970.
Due to the rapid urbanisation of North Rockhampton in the late 1960s, a new school site was needed. Glenmore State School’s current location was established in 1971. This was overseen by the school’s principal, Mr Francis (Frank) Cridland, who served from 1971-1976.
The first Glenmore State School building is now the Country Women's Association hall.